Marcus A. Nannini
Mr. Nannini began his journalism career when he published his own newspaper in the sixth grade and charged 25 cents per school quarter for the privilege of reading the only hand-written copy of each edition. The newspaper was a modest success.
During his undergraduate years he was a paid newspaper reporter and also worked three semesters as the research assistant to journalism professor Richard Stocks Carlson, Ph.D.
Nannini is a life-long history buff with a particular interest in World War II and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. He once discovered an error in his fifth grade history book concerning the attack. Nannini’s continuing curiosity over several Japanese aerial photographs and the turtling of the U.S.S. Oklahoma lead him to write Chameleons, An Untold World War II Story, first as a screenplay followed by a full-length novel.
Nannini currently writes on a full-time basis. Look for more books from him in the near future along with articles he has composed for World War II History Magazine Casemate Publishers UK-Blog and Military History Now.
RELEASED WORLD-WIDE IN MARCH, 2019, THE WW II THRILLER:
LEFT FOR DEAD AT NIJMEGEN, the True Story of an American Paratrooper in WW II.
1944-2019 Marks the 75th Anniversary of Operation Market Garden.
AVAILABLE AT FINE BOOKSTORES EVERYWHERE AND THROUGH ON-LINE BOOKSELLERS.
He was the last to jump from his fatally stricken C-47 and the lead man when he walked into a prepared German defense. He was left for dead, captured by the SS, interrogated by Heinrich Himmler and that was all on Day one of Operation Market Garden, 75 years ago.
Coming later in early 2020 is another gripping WW II nonfiction work:
MIDNIGHT FLIGHT TO NUREMBERG-From the coal mines of Pennsylvania to the contested skies over Nazi occupied Europe.
The Chameleons series resumes in the 3rd Quarter of 2020 with the publication of the exciting international thriller, GEOGRAPHIC TREACHERY-The Shah’s Revenge, followed in early 2021 by the third in the Mystery/Thriller series, VIGOROUS BRUTALITY.
Mr. Nannini routinely makes himself available for interviews by phone, in-person Or through book signings.
Cave Creek, AZ
BUY A COPY of CHAMELEONS TODAY and Save at least Twenty Seven Percent (27%) when you purchase directly from the publisher and, for a limited time, use the Discount Code: PRINT
LEFT FOR DEAD AT NIJMEGEN
Possibly the last great WW II story of a still-living Paratrooper.
Casemate Publishers. Oxford, UK and Philadelphia, PA
- Category: Nonfiction-World War II
- Title: Left for Dead at Nijmegen, The True Story of an American Paratrooper
- Author: Marcus A. Nannini. Published books: Chameleons, An Untold World War II Story, 2017 by Black Rose Writing, Texas, USA. Left for Dead at Nijmegen, The True Story of an American Paratrooper. Mr. Nannini’s 2017 offering was rated among the “best of the best books” by Publishers Weekly and “Very Highly Recommended” by Midwest Book Review, received numerous awards and excellent reviews.
- Publisher: Casemate Publishers, Philadelphia, PA and Oxford, UK.
- Ordering Information, Wholesale: Trade orders in the US should come to Casemate: 610-853-9131;
Fax: 610-853-9146; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Casemate Group, 1950 Lawrence Road, Havertown, PA 19083 AND major distribution sources, of course, including Books International.
EU trade orders can be placed with Orca Book Services Ltd: Tel: +44 (0)1235 465500 Email: email@example.com
If your business not have a trade account with Orca, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set one up.
Australia should go via Peribo PTY LTD:
Fax: +61 2 457 0022 Email: email@example.com
- Ordering Information, Retail: Amazon.com and fine bookstores world-wide.
- Page Count: 256 (heavily populated with photos and original etchings throughout)
- Price: $32.95
- Format and Binding: Hardback and ePub
- ISBN: Hardback Edition: 978-1-61200-696-3; Digital Edition: 978-1-61200-697-0 (e-Pub)
11. Publication Dates: March 14, 2019-USA; April 11, 2019-UK
12. Description: The order to fall back had finally been given by Lieutenant Weaver. Gene, being in an advanced position, didn’t hear the order, stood his ground and continued to fire as fast as he could, having run out of hand-grenades. His best friend, Meade, positioned about 50 yards away on the other side of the road did hear the order and despite the darkness realized Gene wasn’t pulling back. Not wanting to leave his friend he decided he’d take a chance and charge across the roadway to let him know they were pulling out.
Just as Meade took his first step towards Gene’s position a shell from a German “Eighty-Eight” cannon exploded near Gene and threw his body high into the air, hitting the ground with an audible thump. Undaunted, Meade continued across the road dodging enemy fire the entire time and found Gene lying face-down. He rolled him over, noticed blood coming from his right ear and assumed the worst. Gene was left for dead at Nijmegen, the only member of the patrol who did not return.
Some time passed before Gene began to regain consciousness. His ears were ringing and he felt as if he was on a merry-go-round when he felt something poking him in the stomach. He opened his eyes and, to his horror, realized a member of the dreaded German “SS” was poking him with his rifle.
About an hour later Gene found himself standing between two hardened, machine gun toting fanatics of the “Reichsfuhrer SS” deep in the bowels of an ancient castle facing an interrogation by Heinrich Himmler himself. It was only the beginning of what would prove to be eight harrowing months under the thumb of the Nazi High Command as he would witness carnage, risk his life to save a severely wounded fellow paratrooper, suffer extreme deprivation, be used as slave labor, and eventually escape, only to be recaptured within sight of the snow-capped mountains of Switzerland.
Contact Information: Marcus A. Nannini. Email: MarcusNannini@aol.com. Twitter: @MarcusNannini. Mailing address: PO Box 572, Cave Creek, AZ 85327-0572. FB: https://www.facebook.com/MarcusANannini/ The Book: https://chameleonsthebook.com/left-for-dead-at-nijmegen
Copyright Marcus A. Nannini, 2010- 2019